sábado, 15 de setembro de 2018

moaning bull



“As his gaze ranged over the room full of his wild work, he struck his head and uttered a great cry; he fell down, a wreck amid the wrecks of the slaughtered sheep, and there he sat, with clenched nails tightly clutching his hair. At first, and for a long while, he sat dumb; then he threatened me with those dreadful threats if I did not describe all that had happened, and he asked in what a strange plight he stood. I told him all that had happened, friends, so far as I surely knew it. He straightaway broke into bitter lamentations, such as I had never heard from him before, for he had always asserted that such wailing was for craven and lowhearted man. No cry of shrill complain would pass his lips, only a deep sound, as of a moaning bull.”

 in "Ajax", Sophocles

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário